Thursday, March 15, 2007

from zero to hero

Most of the time, I complain about how some parts of my life suck (I don't think my whole life sucks). I complain about the situation at home. I complain about my grades in school. I complain about how I do not want to be a doctor. I complain about a lot of things.

Then I remember how miniscule I am in comparison to the whole world. There are so many people out there who are seriously helpless and cannot even live a decent life. I have so many things to be thankful for and yet, I take them for granted. I have a family which isn't perfect yet complete, I study in a good school, and I have the coolest friends in the world whom I love.

I was listening to my philo teacher yesterday. He told us that doctors study not to heal themselves. They study for others. Shit, I suddenly remembered why I wanted to be a doctor. It was because I wanted to help people I love. And I knew that making them happy made me happy. That was my reasoning for going into this (back in HS). I'm glad I remembered. Step up na! Be prepared world... I'm back.

P.S. Pola texted me. It said, 'Congrats Mr. Deputy Finance Officer! hush hush, it's still a secret.'
P.S.S. I'm overjoyed. I get to be an officer of an organization. And it's an organization I want.

No comments: