Tuesday, November 06, 2007

my current albums: part 1

This past sembreak, it's either I'm out drinking and eating (doing the bym and jay show too), watching a movie, or in front of the computer downloading albums and t.v. shows. And I think, 70% of the time, I'm doing the latter. Woohoo!. So I might as well put a list of the albums I've been listening to. This is the shiznit people.

I'll go out of a limb here and put not 5 albums but 6 just because I do not want to conform. Hahaha feeling. Here's the first 3.

1. Keyshia Cole - Just like You
- This album is the one that's currently on repeat in my iTunes. Yeba! I have heard a song from Keyshia before where she collaborated with Alicia Keys and it was a'ight. But then I didn't bother to download the rest of the songs because I haven't really heard her sing solo. So my friend told me to download her album. I did. I think it's very good. It has a fresh twist to the new beats of hiphop/r&b. It has a combination of fast songs and slow songs as well. The thing about this one is that i felt her more when I saw her interview in Tyra. Keyshia rocks. Download this now. Go! Listen to 'Let it Go,' 'Falling Out,' 'I Remember,' 'Just Like You,' 'Losing You.' So why didn't I just include everything. Haha.

2. Mary J. Blige - The Breakthrough
- I know this is really ages ago but I never got the time to download it since I've been so focused on downloading Broadway songs (blech!). Thank you sembreak for giving me back my normal music. Who can beat Mary J. Blige's album? She's just great. I'm actually surprised she didn't get the Grammy for Record of the Year because I personally think she deserved it. Anyway, this new serving of Mary J. Blige's is also one of the albums on my current playlist. It rocks. Download this too! I'm serious! Go now! Listen to ALL SONGS. HAHAHA. I can't wait for her next album.

3. Ne-Yo - Because Of You
- You'd think that this is another of those hiphop/r&b albums out there that sound the same since they usually have the same vibe. But no no no no no, this one is actually different yet the same. I can't explain it but I like the fact that this album is sing-able. Yes, I do sing with it so shut up. Hahaha. Anyway, I think this is a good album especially the song where Jennifer Hudson and Ne-yo have a duet. 'Leaving Tonight' is the title my friends. I have been reeating the song OVER AND OVER. 'Nuff said.

No comments: