Saturday, May 19, 2007

Some realizations... all in a day.

Most of the time, I feel as if I have stopped developing as a person. Or maybe, it's just that the experiences that I experience (wow... malamang you experience experiences) are taken for granted. They just happen and I don't even dwell on them. This, in turn, stunts my growth as a person. It's like being a superhero but you don't know you have superpowers. Yeah, bad analogy but you get what I mean. How can you utilize something which you do not know you have. Haay... I realized this because I have to play this character who has experienced so many things in life. The problem about this is that I find myself having a hard time portraying this person (black dude from the ghetto... the closest I can be to this is if I go to tondo... and hoping I don't die after five minutes of being there). Now I feel sheltered.

Weirdly enough, that realization evolved into another realization. What you were as a kid will be who you are as an adult. I was such a goody-goody back in grade school and high school. (Don't freaking tell me that I just disproved my point). You have to understand that even if I try to be not so goody-goody, there is still a part of me that will stick to the base principles that I had as a kid. I remember something. I once realized that if something feels unnatural or weird, it means it's not you.

Last realization, people grow up and sometimes they do things that we don't expect them to do. I'm just shocked. Haha. No more details about it.