Monday, May 07, 2007

a few realizations

So... in an attempt to try to do a lot of things, I think I am about to get myself into another dilemma. This has already happened in HSM and POC before. Damnit. I just wish that the schedule fits in.

Anyway, Kim Clijsters (a Belgian tennis player) just retired and I think I was affected by her farewell message. She said two things that I think are things that I should incorporate in my personal philosophy. First, she said, "I'm very happy to have met the people I did. That's always been the most important to me; forget the trophies and material things, friends are truly the most important." When I read it, I just realized that sometimes, I concentrate too much on the things that I want to achieve and have. I don't even realize how many people I have met and have become integral in my life. Sometimes, when you grow up, you would want to look back and see that you have achieved so many things. But I realized that looking back with other people is more important. Friends are important and the fact that you will grow up still being each other's friends is amazing.

Then, Kim Clijsters said that "
whatever you do, do it with a smile on your face." Then I thought about it. I would want to do that. I don't think I need to explain it. I just want to do it.

No comments: