Thursday, March 09, 2006

left-brained and all that

It is weird that people see me as someone who does not seem to do anything. Well, believe it or not I have a lot of thing to do. Apart from the usual subjects that I have, I study a bit of calculus for my friends, I am looking for sponsors for the Regcom, and I am part of a Filipino play that I have (unfortunately) committed to during the first few weeks of the semester.

I was talking to lemon girl once while we were eating at our usual eating place (that being Wendy's... because of their bacon mushroom melt). She was telling me that she was amazed that I was able to hide the other things that I was doing. It seems as if I just go on with life and deal with it when it comes. She gave me an example where in I had a long test. I was just hanging out with her and not even studying. I do not know why but it works for me.

Anyway, it has already been the third time someone has told me that I am too left-brained. Apart from skitz and lemon girl, I now have my cousin telling me that I am too organized. I am too clean and she does not like it. Well, I just cannot work when thing are out of place. I tried that last year by not having a planner and look where it got me. Hello double D's. At the end of the day, I am happy that I am left-brained. I might not be as creative as other Oboys in terms of writing (i was the one who always wrote by structure), but at least I have my own style and that's what important.

Wait... I just realized something. I hate writing peoms because they are too unstructured to even write. There are no rules for them. One thing I believe in is that you have to know the rules to break them. So how can I break the rules of poetry if they do not have rules in the first place. Haaay...

No comments: