Sunday, May 11, 2008

A year later...

I was listening to the soundtrack of The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee. It's just weird that even if that was almost a year ago, I can still remember most of the blocking and everything else. I remember that I found out I was getting the role I wanted when I was in Bolinao trying to start my thesis and looking for corals. It was exactly one year ago, I wasn't able to go to my friend's birthday party because I was at the beach. All four of us (B, M, and O) were nervous we wouldn't get the roles. And then the text came, WE GOT IN.

Two months later, I have performed in the play that would probably be my last. It was the play that I cannot get over and it was something I wanted everyone to watch. It was a play I was proud to share to everyone. I've worked with the best possible cast for that play.

... decision period ...

A year later, which is now, I'm sitting in front of my computer. I'm currently in med school. I gave up a lot of things for this. Sometimes, I still feel the urge to perform, be in front of people and share a story to them. There's a whole different feeling when you perform. I don't want to say I regret going to med school because I don't. It's just that it's hard to accept the fact that there are things that I could be doing but I had to sacrifice them to do some other thing. Sacrificing sucks. However... NO REGRETS.

No comments: